Hi, I’m Denise!
I’m driven, energetic, a tad sarcastic, and I have a love of real estate and all the great people I meet along the way. Some may describe me as a serial entrepreneur as my passion for business and people started long before my entry into the real estate world in 2003. My spirit, determination, gumption and “can do” attitude come from my father, Joss. Watching him as a young child, I knew I would naturally follow in his footsteps. I did, from working in business development to launching my own retail franchise concept and real estate development company. Finally, I partnered with my father to successfully build our real estate business together and after his retirement, launched my new passion, Blackmore Real Estate.
Like a great rock and roll song that played over and over in my head, I was constantly thinking of how we could do real estate better. I realized that the old school sales models didn’t match the fun, authentic, and collaborative experiences I’ve always had with my clients. That’s when the adventure started. Blackmore was born in 2020.
My passion for volunteering rose out of my deep desire to help people. Hearing their stories, my commitment to supporting causes that bring positive change to the communities we live in grew. Helping animals was also natural for me, coming from the experiences I had on the farm and with horses as a young child. If I wasn’t a Realtor®, without a doubt I would be a farmer. I proudly sit on the board of directors of a local charity, Out of Africa Animal Sanctuary, where my family and I continuously give our time to help over 80+ animals in our care.
I have such a great family life, spending a ton of time with my husband Dave, children Hayden and Ellie, dogs Harley and Brody and horse, Timbit. From sports to lazy family time, we have a great balance.
You can catch me at the farm, walking the dogs, training in the gym, constantly learning something new, diving into the rabbit hole of social media, love the relationships with my clients, and pretty much loving all life has to offer.
10 Facts about Denise:
1. If I weren’t so darn good as a Realtor®, I’d probably be: A farmer!
2. My pet peeves: People who pull the car door handle multiple times when the door is locked.
3. Happy Hour drink: Glass of Shiraz or Sauvignon Blanc, but I also love a cold Diet Pepsi!
4. I’m incredibly grateful for: Community, when the sun shines, laughing so hard your face hurts, family.
5. First job: Pushing the coffee cigarette and coffee cart at the local bingo hall.
6. Things that make you feel powerful: Pushing weight in the gym, loading 60lbs hay bales, and fresh hair from the salon.
7. Story you often tell yourself in your head: Everything is gonna be ok.
8. Bad habits: Binging Netflix shows (is that a bad habit?) and obsessing over details.
9. Three words that your colleagues would use to describe you: Funny, driven, relentless
10. Fav cheat day foods: Nutella, cinnamon buns and chocolate almonds.